Monday, May 1, 2023

Notorious Pink Grenache Rose

 


    This bottle is meant to go on my wall of fame.  Some day I'll have to share a picture of that as I put all of my favorite bottles on that wall.  This one was fantabulous!  So refreshing and bright.  Grenache Roses never disappoint and this proved it once again.  I love a beautiful Grenache Rose.  And even if this vineyard isn't exactly in Provence, this "South of France" wine captures the beaches and Mediterranean tastes perfectly.  This wine transports you straight to the sandy beach that it's grown on.  It really makes you feel like you're one with the sea.

    I'll share with you the words on the back of the bottle.  "Since 1890 the Pugibet Family has been producing award winning wines with savoir faire for four generations.  Located in the South of France on the Mediterranean Sea, Domaine La Colombette innovates again to create this exquisite Rose Wine.  Grenache with a charming, pale, and pink color that really extracts the floral, orange blossom aromas.  The citrus and red fruits balance the flavors of ripe berries with zesty acidity and soft minerality."  And I could not agree more.

    I will say that I'm shocked by their statement of soft minerality as I thought it was quite a prominent taste, but I love me some minerality in my wine so perhaps that was just me enjoying it.  Strong grapefruits mixed with light strawberries could not be more on the nose, though.  A google search tells me that I should be identifying mango.  I think that's something that Sauvignon Blanc really helps with is training you to identify your citrus fruits, so I think I need to revisit that a little more.  Are mango and grapefruit similar in note?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  I really need to further train my nose in that aspect.

    "Laundry and dishes and scrubbing down the bathroom... oh my!" Right?  I poured myself a glass to get through my normal household Monday chores.  And it certainly brought some good bright cheery joy to those mundane tasks.  And while it may not have been the perfect pairing, I definitely enjoyed another glass with my steak tonight.

    Overall, I could not have been happier with this selection.  Grenache Roses never disappoint and I'm glad to have been pleased again.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to enjoy another beautiful wine from the South of France that transported me to those elegant beaches and out of my laundry room and kitchen.  If you're struggling to find the right Rose for you, I strongly suggest a Grenache Rose.  I just can't get enough of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notorious Pink Grenache Rose

      This bottle is meant to go on my wall of fame.  Some day I'll have to share a picture of that as I put all of my favorite bottles ...