Friday, April 28, 2023

Beat Box Pink Lemonade


    Some may say "Keep Calm & Carry On", but I definitely prefer my sign instructing me to drink wine.  Today's choice has been a party pleaser... simply because before that I attempted a shiraz that I could barely get two sips in because the acidity was just too much for me.  Perhaps it was because it was a screw top, I seem to have a preference for corks.  I rather dislike screw tops despite how much easier they are.

    Beat Box has been all the rage apparently and something we just brought in to the store.  The chilled box is perfect as the weather continues to warm up.  It truly is the perfect party punch and tasted good with or without the sprite.  I guess that just depends on whether or not you like a little bubble in your life.  My dad stated that he preferred the sprite and my mom preferred the regular glass of wine.  I liked them both, so I left my mom with the plain party wine and enjoyed the glass with sprite - that I'm still enjoying.
   
    My daughter took one sniff and observed the strawberries right away.  We can still make party wines complex, right?  Identify the strawberries and lemons in the pink lemonade wine.  Or just enjoy the sweet wine because it doesn't have to be all about identifying notes.  I have been really loving learning about all the different wines and grapes out there.

    Today's discovery makes me question shiraz, though.  Even my mother was not the biggest fan of the shiraz and she claims she tends to like them.  It was a South Eastern Australian Shiraz.  It was titled Victoria Park Barossa Valley Shiraz by Yalumba.  It was a tall black bottle.  A very round white labeled bottle seems to pop up in searches, but it was not that.  It was clearly oaky which I'm not really a fan of, but my mom does tend to be.  But she and I both agreed that it was far too acidic and almost bitter.  I feel like I don't have a lot of luck with screw tops.  Screw tops always seem to have gone bad when I try them.  Except for this beat box!  Sweet somethings do not taste so bad from a screw top.

    Well, I'm really glad I got this beat box sample from a trade show recently and I'm super happy our store brought it in!  It is definitely worth a try.  I wouldn't go for it just because you want to drink wine, but I can certainly understand the party punch idea behind it.  It's perfect for the summer we're about to have.  It's literally punch.  Fill up a bowl with the beat box, throw some sprite in it, and enjoy a grown up party drink for the event.  It's perfect!  Go on and try it this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notorious Pink Grenache Rose

      This bottle is meant to go on my wall of fame.  Some day I'll have to share a picture of that as I put all of my favorite bottles ...